Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Week 7: #16 So what's in a wiki?

I looked at some library wikis and here's what I discovered:

In the iHCPL Sandbox wiki -I added my blog to the popular blogs (Thanks Grace) although mine is pretty bland. When I get used to all this new info I may be able to make things more interesting.

In SJCPL Subject Guides - all the info seems to apply mostly to Indiana (IN)

Library Success: a best practices wiki, has a gad of information but I would never have time to read much of it.

I accessed the iHCPL wiki and created a login account for myself. I added my blog to the favorite blogs page on the iHCPL wiki . It was kind of fun and interesting to try to edit the page, to add my blog, and steal editing minutes after someone else would steal my editing time. "Favorite" is an understatement.

Wikis may be useful in researching but I'm not sure I would trust the content.

Isn't it a beautiful day outside today? WOW

No comments: