Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Week 8: #18 Social Networking

I looked around several of the social networking sites and my notes of likes and dislikes are as follows:

MySpace -I like the premise of this website but it has gotten a LOT of bad press and rightfully so. The person you could be talking to is probably not the person you think you're talking to. There has been a lot of trouble for a lot of people resulting from using this website. I encouraged my children not to use this website, if they were going to take it seriously and use it seriously.

Facebook -This website seems to be popular with the college-aged group. I have seen this site and it looked very interesting.

Rate My Space -I love to watch HGTV and I have heard of this site from the program. I'm not sure I would use this site, but I might.

Infield Parking -This would be a fun site if I were still interested in NASCAR.

Dogster -This would also be a fun site to show off the cute things your dog does and get information from other dog owners about a particular breed or habit.

My interests in this trivial stuff has been replaced by my granddaughter. She is the cutest and the most entertainment I have seen in a very long time anywhere.

My thoughts about online social networking are this is a good way to connect with people that share the same interests. The sites that appealed to me would be Rate My Space by HGTV and Dogster if I had time to socialize online. It is more important to me to socialize with family and neighbors and friends in person and be entertained by my granddaughter.

Have a great day...it is beautiful today.

No comments: