Thursday, November 15, 2007

Week 9: #20 Discover YouTube & other video sharing sites

I briefly explored YouTube and was hard pressed to find a video worth noting. The "First Date" video that was on YouTube's homepage today was not worth watching and it generated nothing but profanity in titles or comments and questionable videos, in my opinion. Is this what everyone that watches YouTube finds entertaining? If so, this would be one explanation for the lack of respect in society today. I'm not a fan of YouTube, to say the least.


For the sake of completing this exercise, I did look around (trying to avoid landmines) and found a Nascargot video that had snails racing with Nascar driver's numbers on their backs that was sort of cute. I wasn't interested in spending a lot of time on YouTube. I think this website has too much trash on it to be of much benefit to anyone. It seems that anything interesting leads to questionable material. The concept of the site might be fun to apply to a library site... if things could be kept "G" rated.

No comments: